Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dream or Nightmare?

Ok I know the answer, this was strange or something, but. I had the worst dream/nightmare that I can remember ever having. I woke up at 5ish this morning (I'd like to add that this was the 1st night that I didn't wake up at 3am to check on the dog/s - I have continued to do this even though Sophie is gone & Simon is fine)

I woke up my heart racing, breathing heavy, adrenaline REALLY pumping. I had a dream that a man busted through our front door & was using me a "baseball bat" to open doors. In my dream I managed to scream to Lsquare to call 911. After that my speech was paralyzed I couldn't speak no matter how hard or loud it was in my mind. Nothing came out. I was trying to fight this guy off, but couldn't I was like a 3 year old trying to beat up an NFL player. It was no use, he would pick me up & throw me. All the while I was trying to speak & couldn't. I finally yelled something out that this guy had killed someone, but who?

I then was wide awake, remembering every detail, like it had actually happened. Out of breath, heart racing & feeling the adrenaline really going to town.
No I didn't watch anything on TV or the news, ( i don't watch suspense stuff) we weren't home to watch tv & when I did turn it on it was Late night with Conan sp?.
So I'm left somewhat spooked by this & feeling like I have been in a car wreck (I've been in a few) my whole body is stiff & aches. I'm so tired but somewhat fearful of trying to sleep.

So I welcome your thoughts.

2 comments:

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

oh my sweetie. how awful. i do not know if dreams are our subconsciece or not....BUT

Do you feel like you are not being heard?

Do you feel controlled?

Do you feel like yo are unable to protect those you are clsoe to> or even yourself?

I love you and NO MORE caffeine!

Anonymous said...

Uhhh... yeah that would freak me the hell out too...

I actually did confront someone who broke into our house in our bedroom once... woke up at about 3am or something and a guy was standing in our bedroom... FREAKED the hell out until he started pointing his shirt at me... I wisely backed down... he ended up stealing a CD player that didn't work and my wallet with no cash in it. But still... We moved from there like a month later.

On the dream front... I dreamt I was Barack Obama and I was just wandering the streets of Indianapolis at 6am. Psychoanalyze that.