Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Sweet Girl

Sophie 2-2-98 to 11-25-08
Our hearts are broken & we miss her.
She did great & we thought she might be able to beat the cancer.
On Sat the 22nd it began to show that the cancer would win.
She was so good to us. I wish I could have done more for her.

Her last run at the farm in Oct, she loved it out there.

She was such a loving girl. Always happy & wanting to be with us.
Loved car rides & runs in the country, she'd chase birds
& you'd think she might actually take flight. Sophie loved to take
Simon's ball from him then make him hunt & beg for it.
She would sing with her daddy & would try to nibble his beard off.
When we got Sophie ,Lsquare thought she was
a "dud dog" boy did she prove him wrong.


I love & miss my sweet girl!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

sophie looks very funny with her ears pointing up and her tung sticking out

Gman

3SonsAreMyLove said...

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog
As loyal and loving as mine
To sleep by his manger and gaze in His eyes
And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood, his faithful dog
Would have followed Him all through the day
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
And knelt in the garden to pray.

It is sad to remember that Christ went away
To face death alone and apart
With no tender dog following close behind
To comfort its Master's heart.

And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn
How happy He would have been
As his dog kissed His hands and barked its delight
For the One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent him mine
The old pal so dear to me
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone
Knowing they're in eternity.

Rudyard Kipling