Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Thirty-one Days~ Day Nine - Homemade Holidays


           
I thought that we needed to address this as soon as we could. Will make any of your Christmas gifts?

I’m not the craftiest person I wish I were. But I do have plans to “make” a few of our Christmas gifts. I have in the works a DVD for my husband of some photos and hope to make a photo book for grandparents.

My husband lost his dad this year and they were very close. So I want to get any photos that we have saved before anything happens to them.

These projects can take time & some thought. In addition I have to factor in print & shipping time with the photo book site. This is a pretty popular gift this time of year so I need to allow time to “get in line” at some point in the production of my books. Not to mention that I have other jobs and responsibilities that I have to take of. Thankfully the book for the grandparents will be the same book.

Decide on what gifts you will make this year, evening baking. Begin to think of whom you will give gifts to. How many you will need to make or what recipes you will prepare? What supplies will you need, what are your budget restraints, how much time will you need to complete your gifts?

Answering these questions will help you to be aware of your time and needs to formulate a plan to make some of your Christmas gifts. Hopefully you can even shop sales for your supplies if you have a good idea of what you will need.

If you’re making gifts plan a time to work on it and depending on how involved your gifts are to make, set a day or days (another appointment for yourself basically) or certain hours of the day to work to complete these projects and get them ready. But enjoy the process and reward of giving a gift with real thought for whoever receives it.

No comments: